Restaurant nutrition analysis is in demand by restaurant patrons and the FDA. Is your restaurant in need of menu labeling? Perhaps your customers are wondering how many calories are in your chili cheese fries. Or maybe you’re curious too about which menu items could be considered “healthy.” In addition, you may be required to comply with FDA legislation requiring you to post calories. No matter the reason, restaurant nutrition analysis can seem like a daunting task. Not to worry, with On The Menu’s professional help and some preparation, the job can be completed in a smooth and timely fashion.
Ten Steps to Successful Restaurant Nutrition Analysis
1. Contact On The Menu to complete a bid for restaurant nutrition analysis. We’ll discuss your menu, your needs and the needs of your customers. Typically we’ll need your current menu to determine the scope of work and the price.
2. Bring to our attention if your restaurant is required to comply with FDA menu labeling legislation. This information may impact how the restaurant nutrition analysis is approached.
3. Be sure to communicate any deadlines that you need us to meet so that we can complete the restaurant nutrition analysis in a timely manner.
4. Standardize your recipes for nutrient analysis. Recipes that are incomplete or lack the necessary details can slow the process down. For accurate results it’s imperative that your recipes are complete, clear and concise.
5. Identify a main person for On The Menu to contact with questions or needs to complete your restaurant nutrition analysis.
6. Get your chefs, managers and other key players on board to provide us with the necessary information to complete the nutrition label analysis of your menu.
7. Contact your suppliers to compile requested ingredient specification sheets. Depending on the scope of work we may be requesting Nutrition Facts labels and/or ingredient statement of the ingredients you use.
8. After completing the nutrition analysis of your menu, thoroughly review the results and compile a list of questions/concerns that you’d like to discuss with us.
9. Ask us about potential menu items to promote for health. Your restaurant menu analysis results can help us identify items that might be worthy of highlighting on your menu.
10. Once the project is complete, take the necessary steps to make nutritional analysis results available to your customers.
Contact Us For Your Restaurant Nutrition Analysis
On The Menu works with clients such as Bob Evans, Jimmy John’s, Ninety Nine, Freshii, Chuck E. Cheese’s, McAlister’s Deli, Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill, and many others. Our services range from nutrient analysis to menu labeling to gluten and allergen tracking and training; we always stay on top of the scientific data your business needs. We’re here to help you with all of your restaurant menu analysis needs; call us at 303.757.1333 or email us at email@example.com.